GOLDHIVE operated from January to July of 2018 in the SOMA District of San Francisco as an immersive performance community space curated by the Mystic Midway.
We hosted a myriad of events that brought together the SF Bay Area Arts & Tech Communities
As a creator culture incubator, GOLDHIVE enabled Mystic Midway to continue on its mission in developing immersive experience methodologies and innovating in the field of purpose-driven social entertainment.
Before GOLDHIVE was displaced by 60-day eviction, it was host to:
- 3 GOLDHIVE Salons featuring a diverse range of creative content
- GATSBY & THE GREAT RACE a high end gaming LARP night
- The GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE mixer
- Ensemble Performance Training
- Movement & Bodywork Workshops
- Mixed reality experiments and creative development
- Community Social Systems Development
- Maker, Tech and Immersive Design Meetups
- Makeup & Paint Workshops
- Vendor Trunk Shows and clothing swaps
Attendees: 3,000 over 6 months
Location: South of Market Neighborhood, San Francisco CA